Let The Games Begin!
2018, the year of new beginnings and growth. A new year comes with new goals, new adventures, new “mistakes”, and new challenges. In my previous blog post, I told you I was on a healthy hair growth challenge all 2018. Keep reading for Part One of the challenge.
Since this is a healthy hair growth challenge, you want to start out with as healthy hair as possible. So this month there will be 5 small things to do.
- Get a trim: let go of the dead, split, knotted, and/or damaged hair. Holding on to it any longer will defeat the purpose of this challenge. This will be your “clean slate” and foundation for healthy hair.
- Develop a hair regiment that works for you: DO NOT have a hair routine with 40 steps just because a YouTuber does. This is the opportunity to learn your hair so that you can achieve maximum growth, moisture, and most importantly health.
- Tweak your habits: don’t change your entire diet, but add more protein and water into your daily intake. This will definitely help with the overall health of your hair, and body for that matter.
- Invest in protection: go out and buy your self some satin pillows, or a cute new satin scarf. Cotton sucks the moisture from the hair, making it brittle which leads to breakage. Always protect your strands.
- Be consistent: consistency is the key, do what works for you but don’t cheat yourself as well. What you put in is what you’ll get in the end.
- Measure: this step is completely optional. Measure your sides, crown, and nape so you can compare at the end of the hair challenge and see your growth in numbers.
Your support means a lot to me. I know you keep seeing me say “2018, the year of new beginnings” but I mean just that. This year, everything I spoke into existence last year, I plan on accomplishing. That includes being consistent with my blog. Every Thursday there will be a new hair blog. As always, thanks for reading and please subscribe to stay updated.